What to Expect on a Sunday:
- There is no dress code at River East. You’ll probably see people in jeans, khakis, dresses, and maybe even a few suits, but whatever you feel comfortable in works for us.
- Child care is available in the nursery for ages 0-3.
- Every Sunday, we sing! We come from a decidedly musical tradition, so our worship often includes songs from a variety of styles and eras.
- Sermons are about 15 to 20 minutes long. We aim to be intellectually honest and accessible in all our teaching.
- We are a community that prays for one another. Every service, we strive to make room for anyone to share the triumphs and struggles of their lives… and we pray. Good or bad, it’s all welcome at River East.
- On the first Sunday of the month, we celebrate Communion. We practice the ‘intinction’ method, which simply means that one moves to the front of the sanctuary, receives the bread, dips it in the cup, and eats. If, for whatever reason, you do not wish to partake in Communion, but would like to participate with the community, there are always grapes up front to take instead.
- After worship, we serve free, fair trade coffee. Stick around and chat!